Newly opened collection: The Sybil and Jack Raeside Papers

In an interview with the Redford Observer in 2005 on the event of her 90th birthday, Sybil Raeside reflected on many of her life experiences. One was her first trip to Redford in 1929. She visited a drug store and tea room on the corner of 5 Mile and Beech Daly. At the time, Beech … Continue reading Newly opened collection: The Sybil and Jack Raeside Papers

Advertisements

New Exhibit: Redford Fire & Police

Throughout February and March we'll be honoring ourĀ Fire & Police Departments with a special exhibit - From its beginnings in the early 1920s (The first chief was Officer Jack Bissell, who served as the chief of both departments, with just 2 men working under him) to what the departments are up to today. The exhibit … Continue reading New Exhibit: Redford Fire & Police