An Early Redford Doctor and Holcomb Elementary

When construction began on Holcomb Elementary School in 1925, it sat within the boundaries of Redford Township. Before it opened in 1926, however, it became part of Detroit Schools. The school was named for Samuel Drayton Holcomb, who was born in North Pelham, Ontario in 1857. Samuel married Annie Winn Lackie in 1880, and around that … Continue reading An Early Redford Doctor and Holcomb Elementary